What Do We Do?
OUR mission is to develop OER course modules conveying digital teaching and learning methods including online collaborative learning in a blended learning context for educators in Higher Education.
OER-CODEX builds on connectivism as an appropriate learning method for the digital age that emphasizes social interaction as a key element of the learning process and output of the results.
OER-Codex in Numbers
Digitalization is continuously evolving in all aspects of life and therefore educational institutions need to adapt as well
- COVID-19 exposed the needs of improvement in digital teaching of educational institutions, not only on the technological level but also on the pedagogical and didactics level
- Online collaborative learning is one very promising path to engage in digital teaching and blended learning
- However, several obstacles are present:
- Willing educators are unable to obtain valuable guidance and information
- Experienced educators in the field of online and blended learning are having difficulties conveying their expertise to other interested parties.
- Lack of international cross-institutional initiative to implement online and blended learning in a systematic and widely accessible manner
To summarize: Educators are willing to adapt and enhance their physical courses with online learning to form blended learning arrangements but lack the expertise, the technological skills and already available and accessible content to start their efforts with.